I was supposed to babysit, but Chelsey got a flat tire after dropping Eric at work, so it looks like I'll have a writing day today. Yesterday was a great writing day. I managed to write the rough draft of a short story--6,733 words! :D
I've also written some character journal entries for Will Scarlet, which give a bit of his background. I'm hoping to write more as a way of continuing to "get to know his voice and his story." :)
We've had some crazy weather lately. This past Thursday (I think), we had rain and a tornado watch. Nothing came of it here, thankfully, but still... And then we were supposed to have severe storms yesterday, but nothing came until last night. We had storms here, but they weren't severe. And I've heard from three different sources that there was an earthquake near Little Rock. Chelsey asked if we felt it, but I guess both Jeff and I are somewhat heavy sleepers (or were last night, at least), since we didn't feel it. Today, it's really windy and chilly.
I've got a new phone! Well, new to me, anyway. The kids had a StraightTalk phone they used a while back, but now they have newer phones from AT&T, so they offered to give it to me. I finally got it this past weekend, and Chelsey set it up for me. She gave me a quick rundown on how to use it, and I took it from there. :)
I've been using the texting feature a lot with Twitter, but I don't know how to do everything on it. I only get certain tweets on my phone so I'm not inundated with them, and I sometimes respond to tweets I've received, but I mostly use TweetDeck with Twitter (though I've checked my Twitter feed using the browser. Very cool! :D).
I haven't done a lot online with my phone, though. I mostly just text and Tweet with it.
I love not having to worry about running out of minutes. :) I'll especially love that when I call my friend in Vermont soon. Our phone calls are always loooong! ;)
I'm still working on that hat for Jeff. It seems my knitting takes a back seat whenever I'm writing more. ;)
And now, I need to get off here. I have more writing to do! :D
Have a good one,
Lois
I've also written some character journal entries for Will Scarlet, which give a bit of his background. I'm hoping to write more as a way of continuing to "get to know his voice and his story." :)
We've had some crazy weather lately. This past Thursday (I think), we had rain and a tornado watch. Nothing came of it here, thankfully, but still... And then we were supposed to have severe storms yesterday, but nothing came until last night. We had storms here, but they weren't severe. And I've heard from three different sources that there was an earthquake near Little Rock. Chelsey asked if we felt it, but I guess both Jeff and I are somewhat heavy sleepers (or were last night, at least), since we didn't feel it. Today, it's really windy and chilly.
I've got a new phone! Well, new to me, anyway. The kids had a StraightTalk phone they used a while back, but now they have newer phones from AT&T, so they offered to give it to me. I finally got it this past weekend, and Chelsey set it up for me. She gave me a quick rundown on how to use it, and I took it from there. :)
I've been using the texting feature a lot with Twitter, but I don't know how to do everything on it. I only get certain tweets on my phone so I'm not inundated with them, and I sometimes respond to tweets I've received, but I mostly use TweetDeck with Twitter (though I've checked my Twitter feed using the browser. Very cool! :D).
I haven't done a lot online with my phone, though. I mostly just text and Tweet with it.
I love not having to worry about running out of minutes. :) I'll especially love that when I call my friend in Vermont soon. Our phone calls are always loooong! ;)
I'm still working on that hat for Jeff. It seems my knitting takes a back seat whenever I'm writing more. ;)
And now, I need to get off here. I have more writing to do! :D
Have a good one,
Lois

congrats on your word count for the short story!
ReplyDeleteThanks! :D
ReplyDelete