We've had some crazy weather come through here the past couple of nights. Tuesday night, we had strong winds that lifted our small shed off the ground and threw it into the neighbor's yard. That's a good 200 feet or so. Those storms also ripped some more shingles off our roof and did some damage to the loaf shed at the back of our yard. We've been wanting to get rid of the loaf shed anyway. Maybe now is the time to do it.
Then yesterday, they were predicting a bad tornado outbreak. It started in Oklahoma and started affecting our area around 9 or 10 last night, I think. But the really crazy weather didn't hit us until about midnight or after. We went to one of the shelters here, but we had to leave the pets at home, as they have a new rule that you can't bring your pets with you (though I did see someone carrying a little dog around inside). :( The whole night, I worried about them. I didn't care if the house got destroyed, but I didn't want Chloe and Nikita to die. Anyway, we had a lot of rotation, lots of lightning and thunder, but everything is intact here. Thank God!
I can't say how many times we've been spared, and I know I should be grateful. I am grateful, but all this weather we've been having really makes me want to run to someplace "safer," if there is such a place...?
It was such a relief to come home and find everything still intact! It was a long and miserable day, but to come home and find everything as it should be really set my mind at ease!
I'm praying the weather will calm down...that we'll ease into a nice, peaceful summer. One can dream. ;)
Then yesterday, they were predicting a bad tornado outbreak. It started in Oklahoma and started affecting our area around 9 or 10 last night, I think. But the really crazy weather didn't hit us until about midnight or after. We went to one of the shelters here, but we had to leave the pets at home, as they have a new rule that you can't bring your pets with you (though I did see someone carrying a little dog around inside). :( The whole night, I worried about them. I didn't care if the house got destroyed, but I didn't want Chloe and Nikita to die. Anyway, we had a lot of rotation, lots of lightning and thunder, but everything is intact here. Thank God!
I can't say how many times we've been spared, and I know I should be grateful. I am grateful, but all this weather we've been having really makes me want to run to someplace "safer," if there is such a place...?
It was such a relief to come home and find everything still intact! It was a long and miserable day, but to come home and find everything as it should be really set my mind at ease!
I'm praying the weather will calm down...that we'll ease into a nice, peaceful summer. One can dream. ;)

That's so scary! I'm glad that you're safe (and your pets). I hope this is the end of the bad weather for a while at least.
ReplyDeleteThanks! From the look of "some" weather reports, we could have a little more. Other reports say it should remain calm for a while. I guess only time, and Mother Nature, will tell. ;)
ReplyDelete